ESC is a dynamic and fast-growing environmental consultancy and seeks exceptional and ambitious individuals to be part of our regional growth.
Job Vacancy as of 8 December 2020
EHS Consultant (Auditor)
The position will support the Environmental, Health, and Safety team in creating and implementing Integrated Management Systems for clients.
The position is based in Singapore. As an EHS Consultant, you will be part of the project team in creating and implementing ISO9001, ISO14001, and ISO45001 for clients.
- Support the company’s business development efforts to market ESC’s brand and services across the region.
- Assist in creating and developing Integrated Management Systems for clients.
- Work closely with the business development team in developing and managing IMS projects.
- Support in lead generation and fine-tuning the leads
- Participate in client meetings and internal business development meetings when needed.
- Perform additional ad-hoc duties that may be assigned from time to time by Superior.
- Tertiary qualification
- ISO Lead or Internal Auditor Certifications in ISO9001, ISO14001, and OHSAS18001 or ISO45001
- At least 5 years of audit experience
- Experience in process analysis and control assessment to identify weaknesses and improvement areas
- Good presentation skills and understanding of marketing principles
- Exquisite communication and people skills. Comfortable meeting new people
- Up to date and with a strong affinity for new technologies
- Excellent skills in MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Versatile team player, with strong discipline and project management skills
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Adventurous, and enjoy working in a fast, dynamic environment
- Knowledge in the domains of Environment, Health, Safety is an advantage.
- Process improvement oriented (PDCA, Kaizen, 6-sigma, etc.) is a plus
EHS Consultant (WSHO, ECO)
Reporting to the Senior EHS Consultant, the EHS consultant will deliver EHS Compliance, safety, diligence and advisory projects in Singapore and across South East Asia.
- Managing EHS compliance, permitting and advisory projects for industrial and government clients;
- Providing EHS technical and regulatory support for ESC country-based teams in Asia;
- Develop and win EHS consulting projects in Singapore;
- Supporting the ESC Country Directors to build upon the existing EHS regional business and cross sell other ESC technical disciplines to clients.
- Significant experience in an international environmental consulting environment, with a minimum of 4 years post graduate experience, and demonstrated skills in phase I/II, EHS compliance auditing and/or due diligence (ASTM and other standards), as well as EHS regulatory advisory work.
- Strong working knowledge of Singapore EHS regulations, and have a good understanding of other SEA country based EHS regulations. Ideally the candidate would be a Singapore MOM registered safety officer or have similar health and safety professional qualifications.
- Experience in regional projects across a range of industrial sectors including mining, Oil and Gas, chemical and Petro-chemical sectors would be advantageous.
Functions: Management, Project Management, Business Development, Consulting, Engineering
Industries: Health, Safety and Environmental Services
The position will support ESC Malaysia office following the job responsibilities list. ESC may designate and/or amend the scope from time to time.
- Accounting documentation aspect covering backend collaborative works, related to
- Bills to vendors/subcontractors
- Make sure all bills to be paid to sub-contractor, vendors, 3rd parties, are being signed off by appropriate approver, upload the signed documents to cloud sites
- Make sure the documents reflect the PO details and comply to company file naming convention prior to uploading to cloud sites
- Assist to make sure the correct info is reflected in the bills prior to sign off (term of payment, appropriate PO reference)
- Client invoices
- Assist to mail the printed invoices to clients (when a client requests hard copies to be mailed, or else the company strives to opt for electronic invoices)
The Company outsourced the accounting data entry for Malaysia.
- Be the designated internal contact to provide and ensure the necessary information is being shared with the outsourced accounting team for timely data capture
- Facilitate information sharing (through scanning, cloud data storage)
- Project system administrative aspect when it comes to
- ensuring the information captured in the Heads Up is being submitted and approved by approvers in a timely and accurate manner
- if supporting are needed, e.g. staff claims, coordinate to make sure all related supporting information are uploaded by colleagues to appropriate cloud sites
- act as a reviewer to sight supporting receipts for claims that are manager approved, to confirm the completeness
- assist when needs to, in the project(s) admin related needs e.g. photocopying, printing, etc.
- Selective payroll admin coordinator aspect
Updates leave tracking file for Malaysia team, based on source records extracted from the company’s project management system.
- Malaysia office administration aspect, including
- arrange for technical team’s and senior management’s hotel booking
- ensure office upkeep
- attend to colleagues’ need for courier, postage, and delivery related matters, handle ordering for office-related general purchases
- office building related communication
- screen calls that come through to office phones